Today let you know the Dhaka Cox’s Bazar Train Ticket Price. The newly launched Dhaka-Cox’s Bazar broad gauge railway has made traveling between Bangladesh’s bustling capital and the beautiful beach town of Cox’s Bazar easier and more affordable than ever before. With multiple daily train services covering the 224 km distance in just 6-7 hours, the train has become the preferred mode of transport on this route for many travelers.
However, confusion still prevails regarding Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train ticket pricing, as fares vary based on train types, class of travel, season, and more factors. In this comprehensive guide, we will cover everything you need to know about Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train fares in 2023 to help you book the best tickets for your upcoming trip.
Overview of Dhaka Cox’s Bazar Train Ticket Price
- The Dhaka-Cox’s Bazar rail route was inaugurated in 2023, reducing travel time between the two cities from 15+ hours by bus to just 6-7 hours by train.
- The trains depart from Kamalapur Railway Station in Dhaka and arrive at Cox’s Bazar Railway Station, passing through major stops like Chattogram, Cumilla, Feni etc.
- Multiple daily train services are operated on this route by Bangladesh Railway, including intercity premium trains, regular express trains, local trains and commuter trains.
- Both air-conditioned and non air-conditioned coaches are available on these trains in various seating/berth classes.
- For travelers, trains offer a convenient, comfortable and budget-friendly transport option to reach Bangladesh’s top beach destination from Dhaka in record time.
Types of Dhaka-Cox’s Bazar Trains
There are principally four types of Dhaka-Cox’s Bazar trains operated by Bangladesh Railway:
These are premium, high-speed trains with limited stops, taking around 6 hours to cover the entire journey.
- Subarna Express – Departs Dhaka at 6 am, reaches Cox’s Bazar at 12:40 pm
- Coxbazar Express – Departs Dhaka at 7:40 pm, arrives Cox’s Bazar at 2:20 am
- Only air-conditioned coaches
- Fewer stops, faster journey
- Higher fares
These trains stop at all stations between Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar and have both AC and non-AC coaches.
- Cox’s Bazar Mail – Leaves Dhaka 11 pm, reaches Cox’s Bazar 6:45 am
- Chittagong Mail – Leaves Dhaka 10:30 pm, reaches Cox’s Bazar 6:15 am
- For local travel needs, not just long-distance
- Cheaper fares due to more stops and lack of premium facilities
Catering to daily office commuters between Dhaka and nearby cities like Narayanganj, Munshiganj etc.
- Dhaka-Narayanganj Shuttle
- Dhaka-Munshiganj Shuttle
- Very frequent and short distance travel
- Very affordable fares
- Multiple stops
- Cox’s Bazar Tourist Express
- Eid Special trains
- Operated only during peak seasons
- Aimed at tourists and holiday crowds
- Slightly higher fares than regular trains
Dhaka To Cox’s Bazar Train Ticket Price 2023
|AC Berth (1st Class)||BDT 1,725|
|AC Seat||BDT 1,150|
|Snigdha Seat (AC Chair)||BDT 961|
|First Class Seat/Chair||BDT 670|
|Shovon Chair||BDT 500|
|Shovon Seat||BDT 420|
|Cheap Class Seat (sulov)||BDT 250|
|Commuter Trains||BDT 210|
Dhaka Cox’s Bazar Train Fare for Each Class
The Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train fares vary based on the class of travel and type of train.
This is the highest class of air conditioned coaches with sleeping berths. The AC Berth fare between Dhaka and Cox’s Bazar is:
- On intercity trains – BDT 1,725
- On local trains – BDT 1,500
This is air conditioned chair seating. The fare is:
- On intercity trains – BDT 1,150
Snigdha Seat (AC Chair)
This is air conditioned chair seating. The fare is:
- On intercity trains – BDT 961
First Class Seat/Chair
This is premium non-AC seating with reclining chairs. The fare is:
- BDT 670
This is AC chair car seating but without food service. The fare is:
- BDT 500
This is regular 2nd class non-AC seating. The fare is:
- BDT 420
Cheap Class Seat (Sulov)
This is basic 3rd class seating in an open coach. The fare is:
- BDT 250
For short distance travel between Dhaka and Narayanganj, Munshiganj, Cumilla etc, the commuter train fare is only:
- BDT 210
How to Book and Pay for Dhaka Cox’s Bazar Train Tickets
There are several ways to book and pay for Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train tickets:
- At railway stations: Tickets can be purchased at Kamalapur Railway station in Dhaka or at Cox’s Bazar Railway Station by paying cash.
- Online booking: E-ticketing facility available through Bangladesh Railway website or app. Book and pay online to get an e-ticket.
- Travel agents: Contact travel agents who can book tickets for you for a small service fee. Useful for booking in bulk.
- Advance booking: Book AC berths and cabins 10 days in advance to get confirmed seats, especially during peak seasons.
- Spot tickets: Non-AC sleeper and seating tickets can be bought just 10 days before the journey if seats are available.
So in summary, booking tickets well in advance and looking for special discounts can help save money on Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train fare.
When is the Best Time to Get Discounted Fares?
You can find relatively lower fares on Dhaka Cox’s Bazar trains during the following times:
- Monsoon season – May to September sees fewer tourists, so fares are lower. But be prepared for potential delays.
- Winter mornings – December to February sees fewer travelers in the mornings. Grab morning tickets.
- Weekend travel – Friday and Saturday trains usually have higher fares due to demand. Pick weekdays.
- Off-season weekday travel – Avoid peak seasons and pick Tuesday to Thursday travel to save the most.
So in summary, the best time to travel by Dhaka Cox’s Bazar trains for discounted fares is during monsoons or winter, on weekdays, booking early, traveling in groups and avoiding peak demand seasons.
Frequently Asked Questions on Dhaka Cox’s Bazar Train Ticket Price
Here are some common queries travelers have regarding Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train ticket pricing:
Q: What is the Dhaka to Cox’s Bazar train fare range?
The fare range is quite wide – from Tk 80 to Tk 1,725. It varies based on class of travel, train type, season etc. Basic non AC sleeper fare starts around Tk 250 while AC berth goes up to Tk 1,725 on premium trains.
Q: How much discount do students get on train fares?
Students with valid ID cards get 50% discount on Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train fares for non-AC classes. No discounts applicable for AC class travel though.
Q: Can I take my bicycle on the train? Is there any fare?
Yes, you can take your bicycle on the train by paying a nominal luggage fee of around Tk 100. Make sure it is packed properly.
Q: What is the age limit for children’s concession on fare?
Children between ages 5 to 12 years are eligible for 50% concession on fare for non-AC travel. Children under 5 travel for free if not occupying a seat.
Q: Can I upgrade my class during travel by paying extra?
Yes, you can request for an upgrade during the journey by paying the fare difference, subject to availability. The TTE’s approval is required.
Q: Is food included in the train fare?
Food is included in the fare for AC Berth, Cabin and First Class travelers. For other classes, food can be purchased separately from the pantry car.
Q: Is there any ferry/bus service included in the train fare?
No, the Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train fare is only for the train journey. You have to arrange ferry and bus transfers separately.
Q: How early should I book train tickets?
Book AC berths and cabins at least 60-90 days in advance for availability. Non-AC seating tickets can be booked just 1-2 days before the journey.
So in summary, book early, look for discounts and be flexible with travel dates to get the lowest fares on Dhaka Cox’s Bazar trains.
Guidelines for a Smooth Dhaka Cox’s Bazar Train Journey
Here are some tips to make your Dhaka Cox’s Bazar train trip more comfortable and hassle-free:
- Book tickets well in advance for your preferred class and train, especially if traveling in large groups or during peak season.
- Print out or download e-tickets on your phone to avoid last minute confusions at the station.
- Arrive at least 30 mins before departure to board comfortably and keep luggage.
- Keep a print-out of the train schedule and your ticket details.
- Carry light luggage and use porter service available at stations.
- Keep snacks and entertainment material like books, music handy for the 6-7 hour journey.
- Dress comfortably for the summer heat and carry essentials like sunglasses, hats, moisturizers etc.
- Be mindful of your belongings at all times to avoid thefts.
- Charge your phone well to stay connected enroute. Many trains now have phone charging points.
- Try to get lower berths if traveling overnight, especially for elderly people.
- Avoid drinking tap water in trains and carry your own bottled water.
- Check for platform changes before boarding and ask for assistance if needed.
- Witness the scenic landscapes of Bangladesh’s countryside throughout the train ride.
By following these tips, you can make your Dhaka to Cox’s Bazar train journey safe, stress-free and truly enjoyable. Have a great trip by rail!
We hope this detailed guide with information on train types, fare class, ticket booking, discounts, travel tips and more will help you plan your upcoming Dhaka to Cox’s Bazar train trip easily. Trains offer the fastest and most convenient way to travel between the two cities. Do book your tickets well in advance and look for deals to get the best value fares. Have a wonderful time exploring Bangladesh by rail!